Pages


Friday, November 30, 2012

May 2, 1911

Post Office, Danville, Va
 Hello,
            how are you all
by the fine, all
O K ___ ha ha
I had good luck
the other morning
I came form there
the train past the station
just as I got along there
about Dr Taylor as I
had to ride the gravel
train I got there about 6.30
how is Aunt Sara. Henderson 2.1.7


Postmarked: Danville, Va
Addressed: Miss Esther Richardson
                  Ringgold, Va
                  RFD#2
I am unsure who Aunt Sara Henderson is in the above text.  Note the numbers at the bottom of the postcard: 2.1.7.  This is a simple letter replacement code for the initials of the writer seen frequently in later letters.  The numbers stand for the initials B.A.G.  These could be the initials of Beverly "Atwood" Gosney, son of Amanda Sarah "Sallie" Richardson and Thomas Gosney.

No comments:

Post a Comment