Pages


Friday, November 16, 2012

March 9, 1909


1909 Easter Postcard

Hello Esther how
did you enjoy
Easter? I had a fine time. you just
aught to been with
me Easter and hope [help]
me hunt Easter eggs.
Tell Aunt Hattie I say
hello she must let you
come up here to see me      

[Written in the top left hand corner]
Edna has
three the
prettiest
little ducks
you ever saw.
I will close
Goodbye
            from
            Ora




Postmarked: Witt, VA

Ora was Ora Yeaman was the 12 year old daughter of Eliza Ann Richardson and Isaac Yeaman.  Ora was a first cousin of Esther's. Esther was 12 years old at the time of this writing.

2 comments:

  1. I wish there was a picture of those ducks! Charming card, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kat! This is one of my favorite cards.

      Delete